Why Teach at Pan – Asia International School
“Western curriculum Eastern Culture” is reflected in the school’s mission which is to provide its students with the best elements of western education within an eastern cultural environment through the cooperation among students, parents, educators and the community. To this end, PAIS uses an American curriculum with International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (IB MYP) and Diploma Program (IB DP). PAIS is considered as one of the best options to the believers of all religions who are opting for international education in a welcoming and conducive multi-faith environment.
We are seeking teachers who can help us to attain the highest educational standards whilst maintaining our friendly and caring atmosphere: something that all of us at PAIS value and cherish. You will join a supportive, energetic and enthusiastic team of teachers who are determined to make high achievement and enjoyment of school life a reality for all of our students.
All applicants for a teaching position at Pan – Asia International School must have at least a ‘teaching degree’ and a minimum of three consecutive years teaching experience. These are some of the requirements foreign national needs to work as a teacher in Thailand in order to obtain a work permit. In light of this, we are sorry to say that NQTs (Newly Qualified Teachers) should not apply.
The following statement should be included as part of your letter of application or as a separate sheet and must be signed. (A scanned signature is acceptable at this point in the application process. If you are successful with your application you will be required to sign this statement yourself at school.
I confirm that I have not been convicted of any criminal offences or been involved in any disciplinary proceedings in my own country and Thailand that could lead me to be barred from working with school aged children / students.
For all PAIS schools, the safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. Before we can consider an appointment we must be in receipt of:
- Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from the local country
- Appropriate references from current and previous employer
PAIS typically seeks the following qualities in a teaching applicant:
- A minimum of a B.Ed. or equivalent teaching qualification. Master’s degrees preferred. (e.g. PGCE or B.Ed (TEFL/TESOL/CELTA only candidates will not be considered for employment).
- Three or more years of teaching experience preferred.
- ICT proficiency & ability to frequently use technology in duties.
- Familiarity with the American & IB DP curricula and modern teaching approaches.
- Willingness to work collaboratively.
What will you get in return?
In return for your contribution, we want to look after you, and we’re always looking for new and better ways to do this. Here is what you receive if you join our team:
- Professional Development
- Competitive Salaries based on experience
- Competitive leave benefits (10 weeks paid holidays per year)
- Health insurance
- Tuition fee discount for teachers’ children
- Visa and Work-permit expenses shouldered by the school
Recruitment procedures require all applicants called for an interview to present their original documents and be ready for a teaching demonstration if required.
Successful applicants are offered one year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
If you would like to be considered for a teacher / staff position at our school please e-mail your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume and an application letter with recent photo to the PAIS Human Resources Office.
Human Resources Department
Pan – Asia International School, Bangkok
18 Chaloem Phrakiat Ratchakan Thi 9 Road Soi 67
Dok Mai, Prawet, Bangkok 10250
Phone: +66 (02) 347 2280-3